Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wicked people never have time for reading. It's one of the reasons for their wickedness.

I PROMISE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIND A STAIRCASE LIKE THIS IN MY HOME ONE DAY.

let me preface this by saying this post is dedicated to a few of my favorite works. please, enjoy.

"Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them - if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry."

-Catcher in the Rye




I hope she’ll be a fool- that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.

-The Great Gatsby


"And all the books you've read have been read by other people.
And all the songs you've loved have been heard by other people.
And that girl that's pretty to you is pretty to other people.
And you know that if you looked at these facts when you
were happy, you would feel great because you are describing
"unity." It's like when you are excited about a girl and you see
a couple holding hands, and you feel so happy for them.
And other times you see the same couple, and they
make you so mad. And all you want is to always feel
happy for them because you know that if you do, then
it means you’re happy, too. I just remember what made me think
of all this. I'm going to write it down because maybe if I do
I won't have to think about it. And I won't get upset. But the
thing is that I can hear Sam and Craig having sex, and for the
first time in my life, I understand the end of that poem.
And I never wanted to. You have to believe me."

-Perks of Being a Wallflower --> (for full affect, read the poem, or buy the book!)


I think a person's life is supposed to be like a dvd. You can see the version everyone else sees, or you can choose the director's cut and see the way they wanted you to see it, before everything else got in the way. There are menus, probably, so you can start at the good spots and not have to relive the bad ones. You can measure your life by the number of scenes you've survived, or the minutes you've been stuck there.

-Nineteen Minutes


and last but not least, a quote from my second favorite book...it's practically written about me and when the movie is made, i should be cast as the lead.

“He –that’s Simon Boliviar – was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. “Damn it,” he sighed. “How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!”

“So what’s the labyrinth?” I asked her.

That’s the mystery, isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape – the world, or the end of it?

LFA (Pg. 19)

2 comments:

  1. you would be a phenomenal choice to play that part of Alaska Young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE your blog.

    and this, is what i do with lyrics.
    this post, got me excited, about these books. excited to find and read them all, some again, and you should know this.

    ReplyDelete

Done to death by slanderous tongues